Sunday, January 16, 2011

Painting Progress and Absinthe

This week was a relatively quiet one. I did make progress on my projects though. I worked on a painting for my dance of death project. I'm currently working on one based on the Abbess in the medieval series. I have changed it to the Actress in my contemporary series. I've switched most of the church figures in the medieval series into media figures for my contemporary series, seeing as pop culture looms large these days.

The Abbess









I also did some work on putting together a website. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while, so I figure I'd better get cracking. I updated my CV and it was a bit of a suprise to realize how many times I've shown my art. I think it's good sometimes to reflect on what you have accomplished. I know too many of us down play what we have done.

The week before friends of mine introduced me to the music and art of Emilie Autumn. I found it pretty inspiring for our Steampunk collective. She's an independant artist and musician, with a gothic/Victorian bent. I enjoyed the art in her book The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls, and the music on the album Opheliac.

Emilie Autumn








I also bought some absinthe for our Parlour of Outrageous Persons. It even came with a fancy absinthe spoon! I've never tried it before - it could be terrible. Lol.










- Posted from my iPhone.


1 comment: