Sunday, March 20, 2011

After Dark

Last night I checked out the new and improved After Dark night at Ozzy's. It's the weekly goth bar night in Winnipeg, held on Saturdays at the Osborne Village inn. While I know this isn't strictly neo-victorian, the night is very steampunk/Neo-Victorian friendly so it's worth a write up.
I've seen a few different incarnations of this night in my time, from Wellington's, to Die Machine, to Monty's and now Ozzy's. I have to say that I think this is my favorite incarnation so far. While I have fond memories of all of these nights, I think this is the best mix of location, music and ambience, so far.
The new DJs I thought picked an excellent mix of music, from old school to current. And they were taking requests, which I think made it very welcoming to everyone. :)
I also loved the nice touch of candles and roses on the tables. Very cool. I hope they keep it up.
I have to say I like the location of Osborne Village as it's close to home, and I love the area, there's lots of great stores and restaurants. It's also super easy to get a cab ride home as there's almost always a taxi waiting out front.
I know I'll be making this night a part of my regular social schedule.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I had a great time with you Lou! I almost wished the music was a bit quieter so I could have listened to all of Zlatan's delicious Goth Gossip. He's so nice, I'd like to hang out with him more often. I want to collect more Gothy friends!

    Also I think you will be tickled to learn that I've decided to decorate my bathroom in a Steampunk style. Mom and I have a pretty fricken awesome idea for "shelves" in there...and I'm trying to hunt down scientific beakers to store bathroomy stuff in. It's gonna be good, just you wait. The problem is, how to get away from too much brown, since it's so tiny I don't want it to feel dark in there... I'm thinking maybe a brighter copper/rust motif? We should brainstorm at the next P.O.O.P meeting!

    And the kitchen is gonna be "The Kitschen" in a bright, cheery Gothabilly style. It's gonna be EPICCCCCCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I can't wait to see it! You are such an awesome designer. :) I think bright copper would be nice, maybe a light cream color so it's not too dark? I know it's sometimes hard to pick out colors for small spaces. The kitchen sounds sweet to!
    Thanks for hanging out with me on Saturday. I had lots of fun - we will do it again.
    Can't wait to see you at the Parlour (and tomorrow to).

    ReplyDelete