Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cameos

I'm becoming somewhat obsessed with etsy lately. A friend told me about the website about a year ago, and since she introduced me to it, I keep going back. I find myself ogling a wide
variety of one of a kind jewelry, and handmade clothes. As it has been harder in the last couple of years to find alternative type clothes and accessories in my town,for me it has become a ready online bazaar of strange and unusual items. I mostly just look, but I did work up the courage to order something a few months ago, a small pendant. I figured if the transaction didn't go well I wouldn't be out much money. It all went fine, and I love my crazy little pendant.
So yesterday I was looking around at cameos. I saw many beautiful gothic and steampunk type ones. It made me wish I had oodles of money to spend on accessories!

Here's a few of my faves.

The Skelton lady seems to be a popular motif.



Traditional ones I enjoy.






Something cute.







Another popular motif - the octopus.



Finally the pendant I bought as my first Etsy purchase, which is neither Neo-Victorian or gothic, but I enjoy it. :)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. If you get this twice, I'm sorry. I closed the tab...
    Lovely cameos. I really like the zombie lady, but feel that the traditional silhouette is more me. I do feel that you might be able to pull her off, though.
    I laughed when you got to the Octopus one.

    Try this: www.brainsy.net
    It's linked to Etsy and helps to find stuff that you might like. It's like crack. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Esty but my bank won't allow me to open up a Paypal account until I'm 18, ahh well only a month away until I drive myself into debt ;)
    Nice blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Julietslace thank you. :) and thank you @Jillian for the tip.

    ReplyDelete