Monday, May 2, 2011

Flowers and cemeteries

Yesterday I arrived in Shrewsbury, a medieval market town in the Midlands of the UK. I was pretty tired yesterday, but today I walked around the town and took photos and enjoyed the sites. So again, just a few photos from the day.

First, some photos from Quarry Park. Considering it snowed yesterday back home, I had to take these photos and put it on Facebook just to rub it in. I'm obsessed with azaleas and rhododendrons, though I get them mixed up. We don't get them at home as it's too cold in winter, and I've never seen them before.











I also discovered a cemetery behind St Chad's church. The last time I was here I totally missed it. There is one fake marker in it, that was used in a version of a Christmas Carol. It was hard to photograph it clearly, but you can make out the name.















I realized the irony of wearing a t-shirt with a cemetery on it, in a cemetery, after I took this pic. :p


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: