Thursday, July 21, 2011

Going to Harry Potter alone

Last Friday I went to the opening day for the final Harry Potter movie. It was a bittersweet experience, as I was super excited to see the new movie, but so sad that it was the last one.
Watch trailer here



I've been to some of the other opening days for the HP movies and to some of the book launches, with a group of friends from work, that also share a passion for all things Potter. This time though they went to the 12:15am show, and having to work the next day, I was unable to go. I decided though that I wasn't going to miss the last opening day! I ended up going by myself after work, on Friday evening. It was the first time I've ever gone to a movie by myself. It was a strange experience, but not entirely bad. I didn't mind sitting by myself and watching the end of my favorite series, but it was strange leaving alone and having no one to talk to about the movie.



So what did I think of the movie? I really enjoyed it. I thought it was well done, the pacing was good, and the battle scenes were well done. I brought tissues with me, because I knew I'd cry during certain scenes, and I was right - I totally did! My favorite parts were the final scene with Snape, and Neville's battle scenes - so good. I know I'll go back to see it again in the theatre with friends.



As for continuing to get my Harry Potter fix now that the movies are done, I submitted my email to sign up for the new Pottermore site. Chek it outhere

What did you think of the movie? Are you planning on signing up for Pottermore?






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I saw the movie with a bunch of people I barely knew. Going to the movies by oneself isn't a bad experience at all, although you should have called up your friends to chat about it or met with them afterwards.

    Yes, it was excellent pacing and acting, good battle scenes, and Alan Rickman deserves an Academy award for his performance. Neville was also a treat to watch. My only complaint was that Hermione did't have a "mom" haircut at the "119 years later" bit, and Bellatrix and Molly didn't have a more epic battle between them.

    ReplyDelete