Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birthday weekend

I apologize for my lack of posts lately. It was my birthday in Monday, so you will have to excuse me if I was out enjoying myself this weekend.
I got a few Victorian related gifts at my party this Saturday. The first was a lovely mini top hat from my pal Joan. It was made by Art of Adornment
I wore it out to the bar, and thought it went well with my purple dress.




I also got a couple of great books. The first is Tales of Mystery and Imagination a collection of works by Edgar Allen Poe (thanks Richel). My Victorian Gothic heart waits in anticipation to crack open it's spine. Perfect fall reading. How I love thee Edgar!




Finally, for Victorian theme gifts, I received The Victoria House by Judith Flanders from Ms. Chloe. It goes through a typical Victorian house room by room and talks about the items and customs associated with that room. So inspiring!




With fall approaching, is there any autumn reading you are planning on?


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous! The hat is such a lovely gift. I love Art of Adornment but I don't think I've ever bought anything from them! I just perused the site and ordered something. You are a bad influence. :)

    The Victorian House sounds like a very cool idea for a book.

    ReplyDelete