Monday, September 5, 2011

Monthly Fashion Theme - Boots

I'm a few days late, but I still wanted to participate in Victorian Kitty's monthly theme at her blog Sophistique Noir. This month the theme is boots!Check it out here.

I, just like almost every other goth girl I know has a love affair with boots. I get a new pair or two every year usually in the fall and/or spring. I have to say I'm excited that fall is coming and I can go back to wearing boots again when it starts to cool down.
My first gothy pair of boots were the lace up doc marten style way back in the late 90s. At the time I played in a goth metal band with some friends. I remember going to band practice all proud to show off my boots to the guys, I thought they were so bad-ass. When I showed them to my friends they said "look how tiny your feet are, those boots are so cute!" Not quite the response I was looking for.
Over the years, I've had boots with lace-ups, no lace ups, big stumpy platforms, buckles, and heels of various heights. They are always knee length and black, that's a constant.
My current pair are somewhat reminiscent of my first being lace ups again.










What are your favorite kind of boots?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. While surfing through the blogosphere I came across your blog. What an interesting topic! I had never heard the term Neo-Victorian before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, those are my favorite kind of boots ever! I have a similar pair. lol on your story about the "cute" Dr. Martens. :-D

    I went ahead and added your post to the Linky on the Boots theme. I'm glad you were able to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Envy!!! Your boots are so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete