Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Review - Art Show

A few weeks ago, I went with a couple of friends gallery hopping to several art show openings. It's this great event that's going on in various cities called First Friday, where galleries, studios etc. are open late on the first Friday of the month. It's a fun time out, it's free, and you get to feel cultured.
One opening we attended was at my old gallery that I was a member of - Outworks Gallery. The show was called Tachyon Redux, by artist Gilles DeCruyenaere. It definitely appealed to my steampunk sensibilities! Check out the website for it Here

Time Manipulation Device


I love that the artist has written a delightful fictional background story for his work. The various machines were supposedly found in a mysterious underground lab in a jungle of New Guinea by an orchid hunter.
Below are some of my favorite pieces. Check out his website for all the photos and to read the background story.

Crystalline X-ray Emitter



Self Powered Radio Wave Emitter



Time Manipulation Control Centre



What are your thoughts on Steampunk art?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, those are fabulous pieces. I love the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty amazing. He put a lot of work into the pieces.

    ReplyDelete