Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Comfort and Joy




This months homework assignment form Le Professeur Gothique is to write about comfort and joy. To talk about the things that bring you comfort especially now that the busy holiday season and cold weather is upon us.



Yup it's winter out there.

Here are just a few things that make me feel nurtured.
1. A good book (or two or three) to curl up with. Right now I'm reading Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, and the Victoria House by
Judith Flanders.


2. Journalling. I try to write everyday, and most days I succeed.
3. A warm bubble bath. At the end of a long day (especially when it's -20 out) it's so soothing.
4. Cookies I baked myself.
5. Soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. Brings me back to being a kid again.
6. Putting my iPod on shuffle. You get to hear a random selection of fabulous songs you are bound to love.
7. A comfy t-shirt.
8. A warm cup of coffee on a winter morning.



Coffeeeeee

9. My pet bunny Pippin.
10. And last, but not least Cuddling with my BF! Most comforting of all. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm, home-baked cookies are the best!! It's such a store-bought world these days, people have forgotten how amazing homemade treats are. Oh, and let's see photos of Pippin!! Please? Bunnies are so adorable! I want one, but Mr. Kitty is hesitant since we have four cats. He's probably wise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading that book, Women who run with wolves, it is a pretty amazing book :) good choice, and the winter looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for soup and grilled cheese! Me too!!! What kind of soup? I love tomato with grilled cheese -- that's how my Mom used to serve it! I journal too, it keeps me from killing people because I can express how I really feel ... and sometimes it's angry. And finally, HUZZAH for a hot cup of good coffee on a cold morning!!!

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Victorian Kitty I will post a picture of Pippy in an upcoming post. He is a dwarf lop-eared bunny.
    @Mistress Aphrodite I am really enjoying the book to.
    @Le Professeur Gothique It can only be tomato soup! And I feel the same way about journaling to. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not agree more with your list. Cookies and coffee are the best. I swear I did mine without copying yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow is so lovely! I wish I would have a white christmas, it's such a cosy thing...

    My list includes Coffe too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think number 10 is best, but I'm a little biased!! (D)

    ReplyDelete