Tuesday, February 5, 2013

App Review - Songza

My dear friend Ms. Chloe clued me in recently to a fabulous music app called Songza. When she described it to me I thought it sounded neat, but after trying it out, I'm sold! (No I'm not being paid by Songza).



Songza is a music suggestion service, and it's free! It has a music "concierge" that suggests music to you for different activities. For example Monday evening you can pick music for commuting, working out, cooking etc.



It then offers you more options for each category, so you can narrow down what you might want to listen to. I find it amusing some of the activities it thinks people are doing. One night it suggested music for looking at pictures of your ex! Lol.



Besides the concierge, you can look up music by activity, mood or era. For example, it offers music for rainy days, feeling melancholy, angsty, or brooding - perfect for us gothy types. ;)



You can also look up music by genres or artists. Some of my favourite playlists are Heavy Industry, Industrial Dance Floor, Urban Gothic Electronic and Brechtian+Punk+Steampunk+Dark Cabaret. There's also a playlist for classic goth music called The Goth Parade.
I'm enjoying the app because I find it hard sometimes to find out about new music and this gets me to listen to new things. I found out that I quite enjoy dark cabaret music. Who knew?



Have you tried this app? If so what are your thoughts?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried it yet, but after reading this, I think I will definitely give it a go!

    ReplyDelete