Sunday, February 10, 2013

Goth-tastic 2013 - Positive Friends




My third challenge for Goth-tastic is to go and have fun with a positive friend. Someone that inspires or encourages you and makes you feel good about yourself. With Valentine's approaching it can be hard sometimes when you are single, to remember how awesome you really are. Or if you're a busy wife/mother etc. you sometimes need someone who doesn't see you in that role to remind you that you are more than this. A good friend can help you keep your optimism and lift spirits when times are hard. While I am in a excellent relationship, and things are going great for me, I still think it's super important to make time for friends in my life.

YouTube Video

What are your thoughts about making time for friends?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. I love this Goth-tastic challenge!

    I'm a busy working mother of four. A huge priority I've chosen to make time for is to *at least* twice a week to meet with another friend who is a mom.

    We can't manage it without her (adorable) 4 month old being along, but we've vowed to not ONLY talk about the kids every time we see each other. Like you said, we're not JUST moms and we have other interests outside our kids (books, movies, cooking).

    These lunch or tea meetups keep me sane and greatly contribute to my happiness (and hopefully the same goes for my dear friend!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. Making time for each other as women is so important.

      Delete
  2. I have four very dear friends who come to my house for what we call “Crafting Day”. It's hard to get all four of us together at one time because everybody's so busy, but we always have just a great time when we do manage it. And when our crafts don't turn out, it's even more fun! Even though it's usually six months between craft sessions, it's so worth the effort! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds like a lot of fun. What a great idea to get together with friends and be creative at the same time.

      Delete
  3. Well Done Love - positive friends are so important. Life's challenging enough without someone bringing you down all the time. That's partly why I like to visit Dr. Bob and see what kind of amazing luthier items he's built or whether he's cured world hunger before lunch.
    Good post, my Love!!

    ReplyDelete