Saturday, May 11, 2013

Steampunk modelling

Lately I've been doing a little steampunkish modelling. I know, it's a cliche that every goth female is an "alternative model". I have been involved in a couple of projects this year and am really excited about both of them.
The first exciting announcement is that I am in Victoriana Lady Lisa's latest book "International Strampunk Fashion".



For those of you who don't know who she is, check out her website here . Victoriana Lady Lisa is an expert on Victorian and Edwardian fashion and customs. She has appeared on the show Odities, is an author, public speaker and hosts Victorian tea parties. I love that she has turned her passion into hr life - very inspiring. She also has a blog you can check out Here.
I'm on page 107 with my lovely friend and model Joan V.



The second project is a calendar fundraiser for the Subgenres Winnipeg show. It's a local show about various subcultures in the city. The calendar was steampunk themed, and I'm pleased to have been a part of it. You can check out their site Here.
Here's a group shots we did at the Dalnavert Museum.



And here's a close up of me.



It's certainly been fun, and I hope to be involved in some more projects soon.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is amazing! I am trying to get more involved in this sort of thing, any advice on how to get involved in projects like this?

    ReplyDelete

  2. Please, Joan is a complete farce. Every word that comes out of her mouth is a lie. The only modelling jobs she has done are ones that she has paid for herself. No words that come out of her mouth should be believed.

    http://thedirty.com/2011/04/the-delusional-winnipeg-model/

    http://alternativemodel.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete