Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Autumn Top Ten

Hi everyone, it's been a little while since I blogged, but I am trying to get back on track. I'd like to wish everyone a very happy fall season. The official start is tomorrow, but for those if us more northern latitudes, it is definitely already here. I know it's a favourite season for many of us, including yours truly. My favourite time of year has always been from around now until Christmas. Here are just some of the reasons I love fall so much.





1. Back to school
While it's been a long time since I was in university, there's something about September that makes me want to stock up on journals, pens, books and art supplies. The deals at this time of year are usually good, and with the colder months coming, I like making sure I have enough as I like to spend more time inside writing and doing art.



2. The return of sweaters, mitts and boots.
With the weather getting cooler, it's time to layer up with cozy sweaters, tights, boots and jackets. I prefer the cooler weather to the heat and humidity of summer. Plus, there's so many great Halloween themed clothes this time of year! Like the kitty and skeleton mitts above I purchased recently.



3. It's beautiful outdoors!
As mentioned above, I appreciate that it's cooler outside. The leaves are changing colour and look amazing. I love the crunch and smell of the fallen leaves, and the crispness in the air. It's getting darker sooner too, another bonus for me.



4. Getting Cozy Inside
The darker evenings and cooler weather make it ideal for being cozy and cuddling up with a blanket (and loved one), and lighting some candles or a fire.



5. Hot Drinks
Hot chocolate, tea, and yummy flavoured treats like pumpkin spice lattes, and salted caramel mochas! I love them all. I also recently received a fancy espresso maker and will be trying to make some of these treats at home. Wish me luck.



6. Pumpkin everything!
From the above mentioned lattes, to pies, cupcakes, scented candles and bubble bath, I embrace this lovely scent throughout my home.



7. Ghost Stories
With Halloween approaching there are more spooky and scary movies on the tele, and paranormal type series. Watching tales of hauntings, ghost hunting shows and shows about psychics are a guilty pleasure for me. Besides TV, you can usually find ghost tours and seances offered around town at this time of year.


8. Mabon/Fall Equinox
For the first day of fall, my friends and I get together some time near the actual date,and make a lovely fall like dinner, usually with chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes and pie. It's a sort of Thanksgiving with friends.



9.Thanksgiving
In Canada, Thanksgiving is in early October, on the second Monday of the month. What's not to love about this holiday of feasting, family, and friends.



10.Halloween!
I don't have to say too much about this. Who doesn't love the decorations, costumes, candy, spooky movies, scary stories etc. etc. ? I could go on and on, but it really is the highlight of the fall season.

What are your favourite things about autumn?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I love autumn too. Pumpkin is my favourite flavour and I love wrapping myself up in layers of cosy clothing :) Unfortunately, where I am the weather is still acting like it's summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally we can light the candles, curl up in the sofa in the evenings and hear the wind blowing leaves on the outside :D

    ReplyDelete