Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Batfit 2014 - Goals

I'm very excited that our Curious Professor Z is starting of her Batfit campaign again for 2014. With the new year upon us, she's asked participants to set some goals for the coming year. She also set a theme of detoxifying, which I think is a pretty good one. It can apply to lots of things. Everything from getting rid of junk food, to unhealthy thoughts and habits. I can't wait to see what ideas she has in store for us!


My Goals



The picture above was taken 2 weeks ago, just before I got sick with a wicked cold that lasted through the Christmas week and I'm only just now recovering from. I have been far to susceptible to colds and flu this year as well as anxiety, so I think some extreme self care is in order this year. That said, I still like to keep my goals simple.

1. Get more sleep - 8 hours preferably. And I will not be afraid to take naps if needed!

2. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day. I was better at this, but have fallen off the bandwagon, and am easily lured by the siren song of bubbly pop.

3. Daily exercise - more treadmill time is needed. Especially when it's been -40 C out. It makes it hard to get adequate walking time outside, so the treadmill is a good substitute.

4. More fruit and vegetables. I'm not even going to pretend I'm going to give up sweets, it's not in my nature. I do think that adding more healthy food and eating less cake, pop etc. is a more realistic balance.

5. Enjoy myself! I'll be turning 40 this year and I think it's something to celebrate. I have had others tell me they dread turning the big 4-0, but I say it sure beats the alternative. I'm young and healthy (minus the odd cold/flu etc) so I should enjoy myself by doing things I love and trying new things!

That's it. My five simple goals. I can't wait to read everyone else's posts. I wish you all a wonderful 2014!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. You are very pretty! Everyone I know has been having many more illnesses this year, regardless of their dietary/fitness lifestyle, so don't feel like an exception! You are turning 40? Congratulations! Any major celebration plans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice compliment. Yes, it does seen there are a lot of flu and colds going around now.
      I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do for my 40th, but I hope to make it a good one!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, sweet lady! AND Happy 40th year! Welcome to the club ... you're in good company. :) Good luck on your goals and may your New Year be healthy, productive, peaceful and calm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you live at a place colder than mine! We usually have a week with temperatures below -30C but this winter has been weird and warm. You look unbelivable young, I would have guessed 25 :). Welcome to the fab 40!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, the hottest 40 year old I know!! Make sure you take care of yourself and stay wonderful!! ((D))

    ReplyDelete