Saturday, January 4, 2014

Batfit 2014 - Exercise, Compassion, Gratitude and Forgiveness




For days 2 and 3 of the Batfit 2014, the Curious Professor Z has set the themes of compassion, forgiveness and gratitude, and for day 3 exercise. I thought as I am unable to blog daily I would just combine them into one post.




1. Exercise
This past year I have actually been exercising more and would like to continue with this trend into 2014. I started taking Tribal Bellydance lessons this past fall and really enjoyed them. I'm no Rachel Brice, but I do like the exercise, it's fun, feminine and works muscles I didn't know I had. I've heard too that dance doesn't just work out your body, but also your mind and helps strengthen the connection between them. The next series of lessons start soon. While I may not have the cash for the whole series of lessons, there are drop ins, and I was thinking of looking for some online tutorials.
Besides dance, I've also started running treadmill more often. It's not exciting, but I can watch some Murdoch Mysteries while I do it, all while enjoying indoor comfort.
I also want to continue my morning yoga practice. I've been doing this for a couple of years now, so it's just part of my regular routine.




2. Compassion and Forgiveness
These two go hand in hand for me. While I generally don't beat myself up over health or my body, I have been feeling pretty down about things creatively. I feel bad that I don't have as much time as I would like for creative projects. I always feel like I could of done more, and find myself comparing myself to others and what they are doing. It has all made me feel rather depressed lately. I'm trying to be a little nicer to myself, and trying to carve some more creative time.




3. Gratitude
As one of my new practices, I started writing a list of ten things to be grateful for each morning. I already write three pages first thing in the morning, called Morning Pages, a practice I got into from Julia Cameron's book The Artists' Way. I have added a fourth page now for my gratitude list, and I hope it helps with feeling a little better about where my creativity is.

I can't wait to read everyone else's Batfit posts.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. YES! Before Mom went into the hospital I was keeping a gratitude jar. I would write three things that I am grateful for on a slip of paper and place it in the jar. When I was feeling particularly lost or when I felt like the world was caving in I would read the slips out loud. There's a lot to be grateful for ... if you only look!

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete